The objective of the learners hip at First One Adventures is give candidates the opportunity to have first time work experience in the training and development space. The learnership program gives candidates a full time experience at First One Adventures to be involved in the planning, and facilitation of camps at First One Adventures.
The program will also give candidates to be involved in the day to day operations of the company from marketing, interaction with clients, involved in the camp activities and while enrolled our our full leadership and work readiness program, facilitated by seniors staff at First One Adventures and experience guest lectures.
- 10 Months (Mid- February to Mid December 2022)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership and work readiness program enrolment.
- Soft and Hard Skills Facilitation.
- Involvement in facilitation and lead physical activities for group camps.
- Involvement in assessing participation and profiling of participants at camp.
- Setup resources and check space is prepared for activities’
- Liaise with group organisers and executive camp director to ensure good communication and a smooth camp.
- Mange bookings with client.
- Gather campers together and give briefing instructions
- Guide campers through campsite and bushland areas
- Instruct and monitor water safety
- Engage in site risk assessments and monitor safety of participants
- Report feedback from sessions to Directors through debrief process
- Participate in regular training (paid and volunteer)
- Comply with First One Adventures’ policies and procedures
- Police Clearance
- University Qualification in training, sports, adventure and tourism will be an added bonus
- Confidence with group management, leading groups adults/ children (with and without parent involvement)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and punctual
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be reliable, flexible, positive and professional
- Must demonstrate initiative and be able to use common sense
- A playful disposition and an understanding of working with people
- Confident storyteller
- General IT skills for accessing rosters, email communication, reports, etc.
How to apply:
- Closing Date: 16 January 2022 (15:00) no late applications will be accepted