What other way to start of the year then on our HeadStart Camp. This 3 day filled with adventure, friendship and great prospects for the year ahead is a must go for every teenager out there. The camp will only take place at our Thabazimbi Resort so make sure you book on time not to miss out on this fun exciting 3 days of absolute fun and crazy adventure.
Age Group and Camp Counselors supervision
Camp 1: Ages 9-12
Camp 2: Ages 13-18
The ratio of supervision for our campers is 1:10. Meaning for every 10 kids we have an adult supervisor. Our camp councilors consists of amazing young people aged 20-30 years old, who serve as friends to our campers. Our councillors are supervised by our camp mother Mrs Johanna Ngobeni who is a mother of three children and has over 25 years experience of working with children as a teacher.
Our Thabazimbi Resort consist of chalets with rooms accommodating not more than 10 children in each room. All our rooms are equipped with comfortable bunk beds, plenty of breathing space and an aircon for those summer, hot days in Limpopo.
First Food offers fresh food selection for our menu. Each meal includes starch, protein, a portion of vegetables, a drink and a fruit. Our kids love our food and parents are always assured that their kids is offered healthy fresh food at all our meals.
We have camp shuttles from Phalaborwa, Tzaneen, Polokwane, Rustenburg, Johannesburg and Pretoria coming to our Thabazimbi Resort and back at the respective location. Our transport partnering company adheres to strict safety Standards required by First One Adventures, to transport campers.
Safety at Camp
Safety is always a priority at First One Adventures. We have a team standby during all camps to ensure that our campers are safe at all time, during travel and during camps.
- All our staff members, have a strict background screening done on them, for the suitability of working with children.
- Our transport partners follow very strict requirements to service First One Adventures with transport. This includes maintenance report inspections before taking on a First One Adventure trip and monitoring of trips to ensure appropriate driving speed kept at all times.
- Our campers are supervised by Bus Leaders serving as hosts during their trips to First One Adventures’ Resorts
- Our facility is well secured with security patrol 24 hours a day to ensure the safety of our campers and to maintain order in the evenings.
- Our campers are grouped in groups of 10 campers, monitored and supervised by an adult at all time during the camp
- During water activities and swimming time, we have a lifeguard on supervision.
- Our food is prepared by qualified cooking personal and follow very strict health standards when preparing and serving meals at camp.
- We have plenty of trees on our farm and around the chalet areas to offer shade, when our campers room around the campsite
- Offer amazing councilors are there at all times with the kids to ensure that campers drink water regularly and to ensure that they have sunscreen when outdoors.